Vertigo -- GPU compiler 0.1 License
This Microsoft Research end user license agreement ("MSR-EULA") is a legal
agreement between you and Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft" or "we") for the
software or data identified above, which may include source code, and any
associated materials, text or speech files, associated media and "online" or
electronic documentation (together, the "Software").
By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, found at
http://research.microsoft.com/downloads, you agree to be bound by the terms
of this MSR-EULA. If you do not agree, do not install, copy or use the Software.
The Software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and
is licensed, not sold.
If Software is in object code:
- Upon your agreement to the terms below, you may install one copy of the
Software on your personal computer and use such copy at no charge for your
non-commercial research or non-commercial teaching purposes, only in an
academic or other noncommercial research setting. In return, we ask that you
agree to the following:
- NO TRANSFER RIGHTS: That you will not copy, sell, rent, lease,
distribute, sublicense, assign, or otherwise transfer (including by loan or
gift) the Software and will not attempt to modify it, or to reverse engineer
or decompile it, except and only to the extent authorized.
- To leave in place all copyright notices and licensing information that
you might find in the Software.
- That you will not use the Software in a live operating environment where
it may be relied upon to perform in the same manner as a commercially released
product, or with data that has not been sufficiently backed up.
- That any feedback about the Software provided by you to us is
voluntarily given, and Microsoft shall be free to use the feedback as it sees
fit without obligation or restriction of any kind, even if the feedback is
designated by you as confidential.
- NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER: That the Software comes "AS IS", with all
faults and with no warranties, conditions or representations. The implied
warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any
warranty against interference with your enjoyment of the Software or against
infringement, do not apply to the Software. The entire risk as to satisfactory
quality, performance, accuracy, and effort concerning the Software is assumed
by you. There is no warranty that this Software will fulfill any of your
particular purposes or needs.
- That we have no duty of reasonable care or lack of negligence, and we
are not obligated to (and will not) provide technical support for the
- That we will not be liable for any damages, including those known as
direct, indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages related to the
Software, this MSR-EULA, or under any legal theory (such as negligence), to
the maximum extent that overriding applicable law permits.
- That if you sue or threaten to sue anyone over patents that you think
may apply to the Software, or if you breach this MSR-EULA in any way, your
license to the Software ends automatically.
- That this MSR-EULA shall be construed and controlled by the laws of the
State of Washington, USA, without regard to conflicts of law.
If Software is in data form or source code, these additional rights and
- *You may do anything you want with the Software source code or data for
non-commercial research or non-commercial teaching purposes free of charge,
provided that you agree to the following:
- *To make freely available to others the source code or data of any
modifications or additions you make to the Software, and any related
documentation, solely and exclusively under the same terms as this License.
- That Microsoft is granted back, without limitations, the rights to
reproduce, install, use, modify, distribute and transfer your modifications to
the Software source code or data.