Conal Elliott’s FRP-related publications
- Conal Elliott. Push-pull functional reactive programming. Proceedings of the 2009 Haskell Symposium. BibTeX.
- Antony Courtney and Conal Elliott. Genuinely Functional User Interfaces. In Proceedings of the Haskell Workshop, September, 2001. BibTeX.
- Conal Elliott. Declarative Event-Oriented Programming. In the Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Principles and Practice of Declarative Programming (PPDP 2000).©Copyright 2000 by ACM, Inc. Older and somewhat expanded version as a 1998 tech report. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott. An Embedded Modeling Language Approach to Interactive 3D and Multimedia Animation (© 1999 IEEE), IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 25(3), May/June 1999, pp 291–308. BibTeX
- John Peterson, Paul Hudak, and Conal Elliott. Lambda in Motion: Controlling Robots With Haskell, (© Springer-Verlag). In the proceedings of PADL ’99. BibTeX.
- Conal Elliott. From Functional Animation to Sprite-Based Display, In the Proceedings of PADL ’99. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott. A “Fifteen Puzzle” in Fran. October, 1998. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott. Two-handed Image Navigation in Fran, 1998 Glasgow Functional Programming Workshop. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott. Functional Implementations of Continuous Modeled Animation. In the Proceedings of PLILP/ALP ’98. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott. Composing Reactive Animations. Dr. Dobb’s Journal, July 1998. Expanded form available in HTML (52K plus 2MB of animated GIFs) or zipped form (1.9Mb). See also the Dr. Dobb’s TechNetCast interview. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott. Modeling Interactive 3D and Multimedia Animation with an Embedded Language. In the Proceedings of the first conference on Domain-Specific Languages, October 1997. Note: Superceded by “An Embedded Modeling Language Approach to Interactive 3D and Multimedia Animation” above. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott and Paul Hudak. Functional Reactive Animation. In the proceedings of the 1997 ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming (ICFP ’97). In 2007, this paper was awarded as the most influential paper of ICFP ’97. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott. A Brief Introduction to ActiveVRML. Microsoft Research. Tech report MSR-TR–96–05. (The first formulation and implementation of the paradigm that came to be known as ``functional reactive programming’’.) BibTeX
Leading up to FRP:
- Conal Elliott, Greg Schechter, and Salim Abi-Ezzi. MediaFlow, a Framework for Distributed Integrated Media. Sun Microsystems Laboratories, June 1995. Technical Report SMLI TR–95–40. BibTeX
- Conal Elliott, Greg Schechter, Ricky Yeung, and Salim Abi-Ezzi. TBAG: A High Level Framework for Interactive, Animated 3D Graphics Applications. Proceedings of SIGGRAPH ’94. BibTeX
- Greg Schechter, Conal Elliott, Ricky Yeung, and Salim Abi-Ezzi. Functional 3D Graphics in C++ — with an Object-Oriented, Multiple Dispatching Implementation. Proceedings of the 4th Eurographics Workshop on Object-Oriented Graphics, 1994. BibTeX